Time flies by in the blink of an eye, from 2009 to 2019, ten years have passed. Personally, this decade is very remarkable. It likes an adventure for me; during those years, I joined university, graduated, got my first job, moved to new country, had a master degree and travel to different countries.
A Decade to Remember
So let’s rewind to 2009, year that I stepped through the gate of Ton Duc Thang university. To be honest, the first day wasn’t great to me because this is not my choice. I failed my dream university and I also didn’t choose to take computer science from beginning.
But somehow, destiny has it own path. Finally I graduated with the CS major.
I must admit that it’s a great time for me in those unidays. During that 4 years in the university, I met a lot of friends, some of them are still my brotherhood. I also faced the things that I hadn’t did before; from fail the subjects in school to get my first intern job as PHP developers.
Not to mention, I had scholarship from Soongsil university in 2013 and started up my first project: didauxa.net, a property website for students.
Thing doesn’t go your way so after I graduated from both Ton Duc Thang and Soongsil, I join Go1 Vietnam in 2014. While working in GO1, I have another change to meet the incredible “senpais”. They was teaching me everything from A to Z to become a web developer (drupal, linux, terminal, deployment… all the latest technologies that I hadn’t heard before). I’m very appreciated it. Thank you very much guys, A Quan, A Sang, A Si, A Chau
It was a great year to me until I had new opportunity to migrate to Singapore and become the expat in 2015.
I still remember the moments that I won LTA Hackathon, met Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and the happiness of my mom - dad on my graduation day in NUS in 2016.
My mom and dad
What I did well.
- Participated in most of Hackathon during the time in NUS, winrare 75%.
- Graduated Mtech with the best project award and feature in media for Vietnamese community
- Been to new places; Malaysia, Japan, Indonesia, Australia, India, Taiwan.
- Found the path of my career and did the job that I’m passionate about.
- And finally, met / reconnect with my mentors and friends who inspire my thinking and professionally.
I’m not promised that I will finish all of them. But here is a list for myself to keep track.
- Aim for Kaggle Master title.
- Write more blog posts, not only in English but also in Vietnamese.
- Travel to one new country in this year (at least).
- Keep myself higher and non-stop learning.